Can the iPhone 4s on AT&T work on any gsm carrier in the worldcategory: Iphone4
Not if it is an AT&T specific iPhone 4s. Although the iPhone 4S has all the hardware required to work on any GSM or CDMA network, the standard model sold in the US and overseas is carrier-locked to the specific network you are purchasing it for. Apple does have plans to sell unlocked phones in the future, and those should work with any gsm carrier.
Carrier At&t 11.0 on an iPhone 4 means that the cell phone is locked to At&t network. In order to use it with another carrier it would have to be unlocked. !
A locked iPhone means you can only use SIM card from the carrier the phone is locked to. For example a locked iPhone purchased from AT&T would not work with SIM card from any other phone carriers. An unlocked iPhone has no such restriction.
Many people say that the best carrier to get an iPhone 4S on is Sprint. The reason they suggest getting Sprint as your carrier is that you can get unlimited web access, and cheaper overall plans. !
- Can you unlock an iPhone 4S to use with another carrier other than AT&T
- How much did ATT pay Apple to be the exclusive carrier for the Iphone
- Can you activate an iphone 4s on any carrier
- How much is the 8gb iPhone 4s for att
- How much is the iphone 4s for att without contract
- What phone competes best with the iPhone 4s on AT&T
- Where can I purchase an iPhone 4s for AT&T in Las Vegas
- Do they have iPhone 4s at ATT stores
- Does ATT consider iPhone 4S a 4 G device
- How much is the iphone 4s for att
5 Responses to “Can the iPhone 4s on AT&T work on any gsm carrier in the world”
What is the 4S in the iPhone 4S?The 4s just means it is the fourth generation of the iphones. The “S” on the 4s just simply means siri which is the new…By sicSRT8 February 2nd, 2013 at 05:03:38
Try the Apple iPhone… Good luck! Source(s): ☻By stevew February 2nd, 2013 at 06:56:55
At&t is going to carry the iphone 4By cyberhack February 2nd, 2013 at 08:57:41
I am pretty sure Orange is a stronger provider based on it’s coverage range.By Doc.Blade February 2nd, 2013 at 11:45:01
What is it with this cartel in the US? The fees are extortion. I use vodaphone and my $30 per month and I use cell phone bill rarely exceeds arrangement and the cell phones itBy Janet February 2nd, 2013 at 14:42:18